Ships to: Worldwide,
Item:232941288766Beaphar FIPROtec Spot-On CatKills fleas and ticks for up to 5 weeksBeaphar FIPROtec Spot-On Solution for Cats kills fleas and ticks on your cat at the time of treatment, and continues to kill fleas for up to five weeks.Vet strength active ingredientBeaphar FIPROtec contains the well-known active ingredient, Fipronil.Effective licensed medicineBeaphar FIPROtec is a government-approved medicine, independently assessed and licensed by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, meaning you have the assurance that it does what it says on the pack.Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: How does Beaphar FIPROtec work?Beaphar FIPROtec kills parasites through contact, not via the blood stream. This means it is not necessary for a flea or tick to bite your pet for it to be affected and this reduces the spread of disease. The active ingredient Fipronil, concentrates in the sebaceous glands found at the base of the hair follicle, from where it constantly replenishes the skins surface. These glands act as a store, allowing the treatment to stay active for longer. Due to the way Fipronil works, it may take up to 24 hours for fleas to be killed and 24-48 hours for ticks.Q: Is Beaphar FIPROtec the same as Frontline?Whilst made by a different manufacturer, Beaphar FIPROtec contains the same ingredients as Frontline. The active ingredient (Fipronil) is included at the same high quality strength. Both products are independently assessed and licensed by the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, ensuring they are effective and of the highest quality.Q: How long does Beaphar FIPROtec stay effective for?Beaphar FIPROtec kills fleas and ticks on your cat at the time of treatment and continues to kill fleas for up to five weeks. For continuous protection, re-apply the product every four weeks, but not more often.Q: Are there any restrictions i.e. weight and age?Beaphar FIPROtec is suitable for cats from 8 weeks of age and weighing more than 1kg. For cats that do not meet these requirements, you should use an alternative, suitable product. DO NOT use Beaphar FIPROtec if your cat is pregnant or nursing. One pipette per cat.Q: Can I fit a flea collar at same time?DO NOT use any other flea control products on your pet whilst using Beaphar FIPROtec, including tablets and collars. If you wish to fit a flea collar, you MUST wait until four weeks after the initial application of Beaphar FIPROtec before doing so.Q: Why am I still seeing fleas after applying Beaphar FIPROtec?Fipronil works by affecting the fleas nervous system. This causes hyper-excitation followed by paralysis and death. This is why it is common to see fleas on a recently treated pet for a short while.Q: Does Beaphar FIPROtec kill ticks?Beaphar FIPROtec Spot On kills fleas and ticks at the time of treatment and continues to kill fleas for up to five weeks and ticks for up to four weeks. If a tick is found, remove using a specific tick removal tool, such as the Beaphar Tick Removal Kit or consult your vet.Q: Who are Beaphar?Beaphar has been passionate about pets for over 75 years. We are proud of this heritage and the extensive range of high quality products that are used throughout the globe. Products include flea and tick control, wormers, calming and behavioural products, dental care and cat treats with additional health benefits. All Beaphar products are produced under Good Manufacturing Process conditions. Our core purpose is to assist pet owners to care for their pets by providing effective yet affordable pet care products, thereby enabling pets to live healthy, happy, long lives.Additional Tips on how to overcome a flea problemTreat your house as well as your pet!Only 5% of fleas live on your pet. The remaining 95% live in your household and everywhere your pet goes. In order to truly get on top of a flea problem, you must treat your house with a suitable flea spray or powder.Vacuum floors and soft furnishingsIt is always advisable to vacuum your carpets and floors regularly. Flea pupae cannot be killed by insecticides, so vacuuming helps stimulate and encourage them to hatch into fleas, which are then killed by the insecticide found in household flea treatments.Wash pets' beddingPets spend lots of time in their beds, making this area a hive of activity for adult fleas and their eggs. By giving your cats bedding a hot wash (60 degrees) on a regular basis, you will kill existing fleas and remove the dirt (such as dead skin) that fleas feed off.Worm your cat regularlyIf your cat has a flea problem, it is highly possibly that it has worms too. This is because some fleas carry and transmit some types of tapeworm to your pet. We recommend you worm your cat every three months.Condition:New, Non-Domestic Product:No, Modified Item:No, Custom Bundle:No, Type:Spot-On Treatment, MPN:8711231156795, Brand:Beaphar
PicClick Insights for "
Beaphar FIPROTEC Flea Spot On Treatment For Cats 1,3 & 6 Pipettes